Guide for Application
1. Applicants shall have good character and must abide by Chinese laws and regulations as well as SMU rules and disciplines, respect Chinese social morality and customs.
2. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens aged between 18 and 30, be in good health, and possess a valid foreign passport.
Note: Residents of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan who have emigrated to a foreign country and who are now applying to study in China as international students must have held a valid foreign passport for at least four years, and must have actually resided in a foreign country for at least two years in the past four years . (Nine months of residence in a foreign country may count as a full year. The dates of the entry and exit stamps in the passport will be followed in the determination of actual foreign residence.)
3. Applicants shall have a high school diploma with a satisfactory academic performance.
4. Applicants for Chinese Media Program must reach HSK level 4 or above. Anyone who does not meet the above requirement shall take half a year or one year for language preparatory courses at Sanming University. With relevant evidence provided, HSK certificate might be waived to those applicants whose courses during high school are taught in Chinese.
II Application Date and Deadline
Fall Semester: from March 1st to May 30th
Spring Semester: from September 1st to December 15th
III Application Documents
1. Application Form for International Students to Study at Sanming University. Applicants can download the Application Form from the website: http://fcollege.fjsmu.edu.cn/. Please fill out the form as required carefully.
2. A copy of valid passport information page;
3. Two 2-inch color photos with white background recently taken with your heads and shoulders shown;
4. Copy of high school diploma and official transcripts
5. Motivation Letter: Applicants shall submit reports written in English or Chinese with a minimum of 400 words about their study intention at SMU. The report includes the educational background, working experiences, motivation of studying at SMU, reasons for choosing majors, and personal career planning after graduation, etc.
6. Certificate of Guarantee, proof of the guarantor's financial ability (mainly including statement of employment and income, certificate of bank deposit or other proof of financial ability);
7. Certificate of No Criminal Record;
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
Applicant shall fill out the form in English or in Chinese and keep the original form. The medical examination must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant will be considered as invalid. Please carefully arrange the physical examination schedule as the physical examination result is valid for only 6 months.
9. Language Proficiency Certificate (For Chinese-taught program applicants: copy of HSK Level 4 certificate);
Priorities will be given to applicants with documents like award certificates, recommendation letters or certificate of participation in social practices, etc.
Note: Please submit the complete application materials in one time and pack them in the above order. Cheats will be disqualified. Materials in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized translation in Chinese or English. All the application materials will NOT be returned.
IV Application Procedures
1. Send all the required documents to our admission office via mail.
Our mailing address is: Room C104, Waiyu Building, Sanming University, No.25, Jingdong Road, Sanming City, Fujian Province, China, 365004
2. Send the scanned copy of all the required documents by Email with the subject line indicating which major you are applying for. (Recommended)
Note: Our Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
V Enrollment and Registration
1. After receiving applicants’ documents, Admission Office would review them with relevant colleges and departments, and select eligible candidates. The admission results will be announced on the Web of Office of International Exchange and Cooperation (http://fcollege.fjsmu.edu.cn/). Applicants will be informed of their acceptance status by Email and Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) will be sent in time .
2. Applicants shall apply for the Study Visa (X Visa) to Chinese Embassy with the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202).
3. Applicants shall bring the original of Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) and other required documents to the Office of International Exchange and Cooperation for registration procedures on time according to the date on the admission notice, and pay the application fee and other fees. Exception can be made to applicants who has informed the school of their special reasons and enrollment can be extended after approval. The school new academic year usually begins in early September.
4. Arrival and pick-up service
All new students who have been admitted to our school can transfer to Sanming North station or Sanming Station by train when they arrive at Fuzhou or Xiamen by airplane. For freshman who has informed the school of train number and date in advance, our school will provide free pick-up service at the Sanming North Station or Sanming Station.
If applicants decide to come to our school on their own, please bear in mind our school address: Room C104, Waiyu Building, Sanming University, No.25, Jingdong Road, Sanming City, Fujian Province, China,our Telephone Number: +86-598-8397591.